If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (802) 497-1101

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The 3 Steps Involved in Remedying Basement Flooding

12/14/2016 (Permalink)

Don’t let a flooded basement send you into a panic. Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Burlington/Middlebury today!

Though it’s not the kind of problem many homeowners ever anticipate dealing with, you may face a flooded basement one day. There are many potential causes for flooding, but regardless of the cause, one of the first things you should do is get in touch with a qualified local water extraction team. Doing so will minimize water damage, saving you a lot of money in the long run.

After a flood, there are some basic safety steps you should take to ensure your family remains healthy and your home remains in good shape, including:

  • Wash Up: When a basement floods, you and your family may be exposed to unclean water or sewage. As such, always shower or bathe thoroughly to wash away any pollutants after exposure to flood water.
  • Schedule Service: Get in touch with a local team that handles emergency water extractions and explain the situation. You might also need to contact a plumber to diagnose the cause of the flooding. In the future, you may need a mold remediation team to come by and address any growth that results from water damage.
  • Document The Damage: After the water has been removed, take photos of all damaged belongings and call your insurance company to see if they cover this type of water damage.

Don’t let a flooded basement send you into a panic. When you get in touch with the right pros quickly, you can fix the problem quickly, too. If you ever need water extraction services in Vermont, reach out to SERVPRO of Burlington / Middlebury. As the top name in the business, they’ll deliver quality results. Contact them online to learn about scheduling services, or call (802) 497-1101.


Other News

View Recent Posts