If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (802) 497-1101

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Possible Health Effects Caused By Exposure to Mold

8/31/2017 (Permalink)

Mold growing on clients wall

It's important to have mold removed from in your home as some people are allergic or more sensitive to mold than others. These people can experience symptoms including - itching and or watering of the eyes, coughing, skin irritation and/or breathing issues. Those with occupations that expose them to larger amounts of mold for extended periods of time can also have more severe reactions such as a high fever. Also, those who have lung diseases are at a higher risk of infections and can even develop fungal infections in their lungs if exposed to mold for prolonged periods of time.

Inside of your home there are some ways that you can control mold growth by- controlling humidity, fixing leaky roof, windows, and/or pipes, as well as ventilating shower, laundry, and cooking areas where moisture occurs. Lastly, if leaks or flooding does occur, a thorough cleaning and drying after is necessary to avoid health risks.

Other News

View Recent Posts