Microscopic mold spores exist just about everywhere, both outdoors and inside. Sports causes it to be impossible to remove all mold. Some restoration businesses advertise they specialize in “mold removal” and even promise to their customers that they will remove all mold, which leads to disappointment and non-realistic expectations. SERVPRO of Burlington/Middlebury has certified technicians that explain how your mold mitigation process needs to be handled as each is different depending on the situation, type of mold, and where it’s located. Our techs make sure our customers know what to expect before, during, and after the process. Mold isn’t always visible with the eye and can produce allergens and irritants that you’re not aware of. If you suspect mold you should call us to inspect your home or business. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float around in the air and can enter your home through open windows and doors, or vents for A/C and heat. It’s possible the spores can even hitch a ride on your pets or your clothing.
- Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water as they feed off moisture.
- May produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold will keep returning.
- Bleaches and other cleaners that advertise to kill or clean off mold only remove mold from the surface temporarily and does not kill the spores which is why the mold will keep growing back.
- Mold often produces a strong and must odor.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.