Fire Damage Repair and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Locally Owned and Operated
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Fire Restoration Technicians
There are a number of things here in Vermont that can cause a fire in a home or business. Wood stoves, cooking accidents, furnaces, electric heaters, ventilation fans, electrical malfunctions and more. It is important to continually have your fire suppression systems checked to make sure that everything is functioning correctly, but sometimes, a fire can still occur. After any fire damage situation in Vermont, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are always a concern.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Take any animals and valuable items out of the home
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
When you're dealing with Fire Damage here in Vermont Call SERVPRO of Burlington/ Middlebury @ 802-497-1101
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (802) 497-1101
Why Choose SERVPRO of Burlington / Middlebury?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
When your Burlington home or business experiences fire or smoke damage, you need professional help quickly. SERVPRO of Burlington / Middlebury is dedicated to responding immediately, which helps to prevent secondary damage and to reduce the cost of restoration.
We’re Fire and Water Damage Specialists
As water and fire damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Our Restore vs. Replace Mentality
We clean and restore your property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Our “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Burlington / Middlebury is locally owned and operated and we are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2110 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Burlington, VT
- Middlebury, VT
- Vergennes, VT
- Richmond, VT
- Shelburne, VT
- Hinesburg, VT
- South Burlington, VT
- Williston, VT
- Shoreham, VT
- East Middlebury, VT
- Charlotte, VT
- Ferrisburgh, VT
- Huntington, VT
- Addison, VT
- Cornwall, VT
- Leicester, VT
- Weybridge, VT
- Saint George, VT
- Panton, VT
- Waltham, VT
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. When various materials burn, the soot and residue they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage restoration. Learn more about our fire damage restoration process.
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair